Pick up & Drop Off
Controlling School Trafiic is Essential for Safety
Students should be picked up and dropped off at the car loops only. Parents wishing to park should walk their children to the front gate. Parents are not allowed to walk their children to their classrooms.
Broward County provides bus transportation for students living more than two (2) miles from the school. It is the responsibility of each teacher to see that students are dismissed at the appropriate time to catch their bus. Staff members are not allowed to hold students past dismissal time as buses leave promptly with or without the students.
Detailed information such as schedules, transportation forms, etc. will be provided at the beginning of each school year.
1. Begin end of the day closure at 1:50 p.m.
2. Teachers are to encourage students to use the hallway restrooms before 1:45 p.m.
3. All bus students are to be released to go to the media center at 1:55 p.m.
(when the first bell rings). ESE students will walk directly to the bus area.
4. Kindergarten students will be picked up and brought to the media center at 1:55 p.m.
5. Car riders, YMCA aftercare students, and walkers are to be dismissed at 2:00 p.m.
6. Support Staff, Specials Teachers, and Paraprofessionals should be on his/her post by 1:50 p.m.
7. Each teacher is to walk his or her class through the side doors and out the gates. The teacher should drop off car riders after the walkers are released through the gates.
8. All students should be lined up and walking, as if we were having a fire drill.
9. No student should be left unsupervised.
10. Students are to wait for siblings on the side of the gate. No student should be allowed to roam the campus looking for a sibling.
11. Teachers are to hold on to their tutoring students and walk them back to the classroom. Under no circumstances, should a student be allowed to roam the campus.
12. Teachers are to explain, rehearse, and reinforce the arrival and dismissal procedures on a weekly basis.
All procedures remain the same on Early Release days. Bus students are released at 11:55 a.m. All other students are released at 12:00 p.m.